Glowworm Boiler Ultimate 80 - not getting hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Glowworm ultimate boilder suddenly decided to stop getting hot, it's lighting up fine but its stone cold, therefore nothing else is warming up.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Could you be more specific? Glow worm have made more than your boiler, which we don’t know which it is.

So it should a non-combi boiler, this will likely be a motorised valve fault. Do you know if you have an S plan or Y Plan? If unsure post a photo. You say it’s suddenly stopped getting hot, for hot water, heating or both?

Sponsored Links
So it should a non-combi boiler, this will likely be a motorised valve fault. Do you know if you have an S plan or Y Plan? If unsure post a photo. You say it’s suddenly stopped getting hot, for hot water, heating or both?
The actual gas boiler downstairs is igniting but it isn't getting warm, I think the MVF's are fine I can feel the flow.

If it’s firing up, but cold, could be the pump.

No, as in not circulating
It's circulating cold water because the boiler isn't warming the water. As I said the boiler is firing up but the boiler itself isn't warming up. Normally it feels warm.

It's circulating cold water

Are you sure it's definitely circulating?

I used to have the same boiler, by the way! Do you hear the fan, then a click click, and it ignites the pilot? Then what happens?

I used to have the same boiler, by the way! Do you hear the fan, then a click click, and it ignites the pilot? Then what happens?
Then not much, I can see the orange thing, and it sounds like it normally does. Normally it would gradually feel warm but nothing in this case.

Then not much, I can see the orange thing, and it sounds like it normally does. Normally it would gradually feel warm but nothing in this case.

There's a little drip drip in the cold water feed in the attic, could that be the problem?

Doesn't sound like your boiler is firing up at all. If it was ,the heat created would be going somewhere,if only a short way through the flow pipework.

Doesn't sound like your boiler is firing up at all. If it was ,the heat created would be going somewhere,if only a short way through the flow pipework.

Fault finder says if pilot comes on, but not the main burner, it could be a solenoid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back