1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

glowworm micron 40ff boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by ellsie, 15 Jul 2012.

1. ellsie

ellsie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi,
    MY boiler as shut down and will not restart,The led reset light is on and burner light is off,With the controls set for hot water I have tried turning the control knob to zero then back up again but nothing happens.the fan does not run, I have checked fuse as per fault finding chart this is ok, and there is mains supply at boiler,any help would be most appreciated.thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. gavinda

gavinda

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    due to design, pretty much anything on this boiler requires th ecombustion chamber to be opened so you're looking at a pro to do the job.

probably/possible the pcb...bit of a weak spot.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. elecguy

elecguy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi the boiler has overheated, it will reset itself but you need to try and understand why. unlikely to be the boiler imo, possibly blockage in the system pump stopped for some reason.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local