Glowworm micron 60ff - Electrics tripped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help! I've had this boiler for 10 year now and woke to fine the electrics had tripped in the kitchen. Turned electrics back on to find that there wasn't any power to the boiler at all.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the fuse in the fuse connection unit?
As if there is power and power has been turned off, the boiler's overheat safety cutoff device may need resetting.

What do you mean by fuse connection unit? The flex cable going into the boiler is live but I just have nothing after that. I feel like it's the pcb but really not sure how to check

You say the flex is live?
Have you got power to the the terminals of the boiler? Meaning are you testing between live and neutral at the boiler, not using an unreliable test instrument like a neon test screwdriver or non-contact stick that will not tell if a neutral is present. If you have power, have you tried to reset the boiler safety cut out?

Sponsored Links
I haven't tested anything else apart from the live terminal going into the boiler. How would I go about resetting the safety cut out?

I haven't tested anything else apart from the live terminal going into the boiler. How would I go about resetting the safety cut out?
Tested by what method? it needs to be a two pole test to establish you have a neutral, things do not work without a neutral even if the line conductor is live!!!!

If it can be established that line and neutral are present, then try this:

Failure of the electrical supply will cause the burner to go out. Should this occur, operation of the appliance will normally resume after the electrical supply is restored. If the boiler does not relight after an electrical supply failure the overheat safety cutoff device may need resetting, as indicated by illuminated reset light. Open the controls cover and turn temperature control to “0” (anticlockwise) and then back to original position, refer to diagram 9.1. NOTE: If the boiler is switched OFF, manually, wait at least 30 seconds before switching on again.

Taken from your boiler manual
http://www.freeboilermanuals.com/assets/pdf/glowworm/micron-60ff.pdf

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back