Noisy Glowworm Micron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm afraid yet another noisy boiler thread. I've done some searching of the other threads but can't find any clues.

I have a Glowworm Micron 60FF boiler which seems to function well except produces a loud moaning noise when hot, frequency of which changes when I change the speed of the pump, and goes within 10 seconds of the boiler reaching temp and shutting off. Reading the other threads it sounds very much like an air bubble trapped in the heat exchanger.

I've tried running the pump on the highest setting with all but a couple of rads closed to speed up the flow of water and shift the bubble. The boiler is less noisy like this, but the noise returns once the rads are open again.

I can't see any obvious filters in line with the water. There is a outlet valve on one of the water pipes directly above the boiler. Is there any suggestions anyone has to cure this problem? The systems was installed 3 years ago, and Sentinel X100 was used then.

Hope someone can help!

Cheers

Martin

Sponsored Links
Evening,
How strange is that - I posted the same problem with my gloworm 60ff today. Have a look at my post & I will keep it updated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back