Glowworm Micron 60ff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My elderly parents boiler is playing up. Had a heating Engineer out as it kept doing silly things, various error codes. He replaced the PCB, thermistor and phial. Since then it has been going into reset which I understand means it has overheated. Called the plumber back, he promised to visit but hasn't showed up and now won't answer my calls.

It is a rather old system and the 60ff isn't the first boiler to be on the system. It's open vented and the tank looked full of sludge so I thought I would have a go. I drained down as much as the system as.i could, not easy as very few drain cocks. I put in some Fernox F3. Hoping this will show some improvement. So my question is, does anyone think this will solve the problem and also as I can't drain it easily is it ok to leave the F3 in the system?

Sponsored Links
If boiler is not working and central heating radiators not getting hot ,the f3 will do nothing at all.
Many reasons why boiler may go to lock out.

Quite a while ? Minutes or hours ?
If the latter ,it's more likely to be an issue within the boiler.

Sponsored Links
When it kicks out the reset light only is lit continuously.

With the F3 in, the pump turned up a notch & the heating zone valve head off so that the boiler heats the heating system whether heating or hot water is selected it seems to be working (Famous last words)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back