Glowworm spacesaver 65 75f

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, old boiler i know but upto now she's been a reliable old girl. It has been not working for a week now, the fan before this kept jamming and not starting up, a quick oil up of the bearing ontop and working in it would be fine again for few weeks/months now give up the ghost! so far I've replace the fan with reconditioned one, nothing, replaced PCB with reconditioned one as noticed a bulged cap, nothing, no sparking of pilot no fan strike up. On pressing advance on timer can hear the click when turning the boiler temp nob to 4, can hear the pump start but cannot now hear like a flushing whooshing sound like before when it used to strike up? Like water coming into the system is best I can describe. Checked pump, it is running, isolated and can turn impeller so not jammed. Am now thinking the thermostat could be the issue as not calling for heat? Took thermostat phial out of pocket and noticed a slurp noise as I pulled it out, oil on end and down hole! My oiling of the fan bearing no doubt or should this be in there?? Would that be the next logical thing to replace or the pressure switch maybe? Thank you in advance for any help you guys can offer, I know old boiler and should replace/upgrade but house on market and don't wanna be spending money when we could be moving in couple months.

Sponsored Links
Instead of throwing reconditioned parts at it that maybe faulty, it would be better to pay a boiler engineer to locate the fault and supply and fit a new part and make sure the boiler is safe after your diy attempt.

Yes know what your saying but as I said I don't want to be spending a fortune on it as new buyers would update boiler no doubt and how much would I be looking at for someone to come in and 'fault find' when I can hopefully do it, I'm certainly NOT going to mess with the gas side AT ALL so anything else that can be easily replaced I will do. I'm just looking for some help on what would be the next logical step please.

Sponsored Links
get someone in to check it and make sure it's safe, by opening combustion chamber and replacing fan which is connected to flue, you have already done more than you're competent to do with regards to safety checks required to ensure boiler is safe for you or any potential new owners.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back