glowworm ultimate 40 ff wont ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me why my boiler will not ignite you can just here the fan runing and all fuses are ok

Sponsored Links
APS switch knackered, dirt in the venturis, pipes come off that connect fan to APS, all RGI territory though.

Sponsored Links
do you have a filling loop or a gauge telling the pressure of the system?

its not a combi no loop for filling up .i have replaced the spark electrode still nothing happened .i left it for a few hours and then tried it again and it firerd up then i switched of and then it would not fire up again

is it sparking at pilot or not,if not it seemss to be aps fault blow dowwn tube and see blow very lightly

no its not got the loop for filling and its not a combi .i have replaced the spark electrode.and it did not work so i left it for a few hours then i tried it again and it firered up .left it to run for a hour and then turned it of and tried to start it agai and it wont fire up again .do you think its the solinode

hi alan there is no spark just fan running and we have cleaned the pilot jet and fitted new electrode

I know an ultimate isnt a combi :rolleyes: thats not what i was getting at, I was trying to ascertain if the boiler was on a sealed system and you may have had a blocked low presssure switch.

But you have nt

blocked pilot light I would say

I WOuld be looking no further than either a blockage in the tubes,faulty aps or fan not fast enough to open aps.I would check the tubes and aps first as it needs that to open to allow ignition sequence to begin

andy, on them the aps is on the side of the control box when you take the bottom drawer off just try removing a tube and blowing down the aps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back