Glue for laying floating engineered flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be laying a floating, tongue and grooved engineered flooring in my bedroom. It's on the first floor and suspended timber subfloor. I was wondering what glue people would recommend for the T&G joints, or is any good weatherproof PVA glue sufficient? I would rather use something I can get from a local DIY store rather than buy online and wait a week or more for it to arrive (in case I run out and need more halfway through the job).

Watching this video and see he uses:
https://www.toolden.co.uk/brands/illbruck/illbruck-adhesives/illbruck-wd120-weather-proof-pva-1kg/

My plan is to also lift the floor sheets, and lay insulation between it and the ceiling downstairs, before refitting the sheets, laying the underlay and installing the floor. I will be removing the skirting boards and cutting under the door jambs etc.

Sponsored Links
Most DIY chains will stock PVA for floating floors, half a litre normally does about 10m2 of flooring if that helps with how much you need.

Ah great, thanks @crazydaze and @SFK. So regular PVA will do. This works out well as I have around half a 5L bottle of B&Q standard PVA that I can pour into an applicator bottle. (y)

Sponsored Links
@dazlight This was the video I was using as a guide on actually laying my floor. I've seen a number that use painters tape to hold boards together.

Just as bad. There must be better videos lol. get some ratchet clamps at B&Q. Really cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back