Glue for sticking together wooden laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
i am about to put some wooden laminate floor in my kitchen. It is tonge and groove but it does not lock together so i have been told to use PVA glue in the groove to hold it together. i am just a bit concern with pva glue becoming loose when subjected to humid conditions. is this the right glue or are there other alternatives?

Sponsored Links
Does the manufacturer specify that the boards should be glued and, if so, what type of adhesive should be used?

If the glue sufferes because of humid conditions, you can bet the MDF will too. Or perhaps it's not really going to be that humid.. You don't need to use a huge amount of wood glue as it' over such a long length of join that is' strong enough. Plus you don't want it squirting out and spoiling the top surface (wipe off with a damp cloth before it sets, if so)

Nozzle

They do not say anything about glue however someone mentioned it to me. Just tu put some PVA in the groove to avoid movement.

Sponsored Links
It depends if they're normal tongure and groove or the specially machined ones that lock. The former does need glue the latter most definately does not (there isn't the space in the join for any glue, they're a tight fit).

Don't forget to think about how you'll deal with expansion - do not fit the floor tight to all the walls/skirting boards.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back