Glue metal to porcelain tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks,

I am looking to glue a metal toilet roll holder to porcelain tiles. They are too tricky to drill into.

I have tried no more nails however it is not bonding.

Any other ideas on what type of adhesive I could use?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Get yourself a suction Drill guide for ceramic tiles ( less than a fiver on that River Shop, even lidl did them a few weeks ago )

41NlnrxnlvL._AC_US160_.jpg

Masking tape stuck to a tile will help prevent the drill bit skidding. Start with a fine drill followed by the final size.

I am looking to glue a metal toilet roll holder to porcelain tiles.

Drilling is OK once you get it started, but if you've given up on that I'd try epoxy. Clean the tiles with maybe meths first.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your replies but I am looking to secure it with adhesive if possible. Based on the advice of the bathroom fitter the tiles are very prone to cracking.

Too much leverage for a small fixing point, will snap off the first time it gets a knock. Drilled dozens of tiles never had one crack.

I think you'll get away with it for a loo roll holder; I think one of mine is glued on. Not for a towel rail though!

If you're worried about cracking a tile, a glass-drilling bit or a diamond burr would reduce the risk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back