Glugging kitchen sink

I wonder if my local diy shop sells it. Will ask them later

Sponsored Links
If they do have it and they sell you it then they are being very irresponsible.

These days it should only be sold to professionals, sulphuric acid is very dangerous stuff. If not use properly it can damage/melt plastic waste pipes and make the problem worse. You get it on your skin or anywhere else it will burn very quickly.

ABS%20pipe%20failure%20due%20to%20sulphuric%20acid%20drain%20openers%20or%20drain%20cleaners%20like%20Liquid%20Fire%20or%20Liquid%20Lightning.jpg
th

Sponsored Links
Not read the 4 pages so forgive me if this has been advised....
Fit McAlpine tee that has vent fitted in it. Or replace the grape with vent incorporated

As above, you can see from Madrab's photo's what it'll do to plastic pipe. Skin and tissue (eyes!) stand no chance.....

There is no substitute for manually removing a blockage with the appropriate tools.

Not true, in some instances there is no option but to use one shot. Unless you want to take floors and tiles up, remove plasterboard from completely finished rooms and charge the customer hundreds of pounds to make good.

I've used one shot when there really is no alternative .........and never being called back from problems being caused by its use.
IT DON'T DAMAGE PLASTIC.....

Oooh just seen this post. Is it bad stuff?
Not if you use it slowly and carefully as I've said .....you pour it slowly and don't splash it and don't get it on your skin ..........I've used it when no other option was possible.....really, unless the customer wanted to spend thousands !!

Your problem is black gunge and fat that's built up in the waste pipe as a sludge !

One shot is the answer......that S trap you can see is metal that it's burnt through copper /lead it doesn't do that to plastic....it comes in plastic bottles

I agree it doesn't react with plastic, but if there's something else in the pipe that it can react with, then that's when the fun starts. With equipment now like the Picote cutter, it is possible to clean as small as a 32mm waste pipe mechanically. This is also guaranteed to restore full bore to the pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back