Gluing pine strip wood to zinc plated bracket

Which should I use to glue pine stripwood to zinc plated bracket?

• Gripfill (green tube)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small internal job to do where I need to stick a thin strip of pine to a couple of zinc plated metal brackets (pine strip is too thin for a mechanical fixing). There won't be any load on the join besides the weight of the stripwood itself, so I'm pretty sure one of the adhesives I already have will do the trick. I just can't decide which one to use. Bring on a poll...

Sponsored Links
I thought a poll was the way to stop people naming adhesives that I don't already have. I guess I was wrong. Should have included super glue and pritt stick in the poll for completeness

Sponsored Links
I thought a poll was the way to stop people naming adhesives that I don't already have. I guess I was wrong. Should have included super glue and pritt stick in the poll for completeness
So you need to buy correct adhesive .

Depends what size we are talking about.

Gorilla glue PU = def no
Gripfill type product: meh they are ok but are only suitable if used as a thick blob

If you want a thin glue line and it’s a small glue area then I would suggest mitre bond which is super glue

If it’s a bigger glue area and you can tolerate a thicker glue line then, CT1 or a cheaper MS polymer hybrid silicone or even a gripfill product.

But we need some dimensions and application to really give a qualified answer

Depends what size we are talking about.

Gorilla glue PU = def no
Gripfill type product: meh they are ok but are only suitable if used as a thick blob

If you want a thin glue line and it’s a small glue area then I would suggest mitre bond which is super glue

If it’s a bigger glue area and you can tolerate a thicker glue line then, CT1 or a cheaper MS polymer hybrid silicone or even a gripfill product.

But we need some dimensions and application to really give a qualified answer
I'll coat the face of the bracket, so 68mm x 10mm (less a few screw holes). 4 brackets. The glued side will be hidden.

I believe sticks like is like CT1?

Find the person doing the ruining and stickslike their mouth closed when they're asleep

I can now confirm that "sticks like" does indeed stick like the proverbial between primed stripwood and a zinc plated bracket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back