Gmail desktop on Win 10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I already have three of these on my d/top and should know how to do this!
Please--can some-one remind me how...please!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that doesn't work, I think my problem seems to be I'm using Google not Google Chrome for a search engine??
Is it worth installing Chrome.

Thunderbird + Google as default search engine works ok for me.

Sponsored Links
OK. the short-cut appears on the screen but it displays my own email address each time.
I then amend it to the new one but it has reverted, at next opening, to my own address again.

Your choice of browser (Chrome, Edge, Safari, etc.) has no impact on being able to create shortcuts on your desktop.
  • If you are using Internet Explorer, then you should upgrade to a modern browser.
  • If you are using Edge, then it is based on the same codebase as Chrome so there is little difference.
Likewise, your default search engine (Google, Bing, etc.) has no impact on being able to create shortcuts on your desktop.

OK. the short-cut appears on the screen but it displays my own email address each time. I then amend it to the new one but it has reverted, at next opening, to my own address again.
  • What is "the new one"? Did you create a new email address?
  • Uploading a screenshot of what you're seeing (with your email address scratched out) might help.

Back