Going rate to skim a whole house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm wondering what would be the going rate to have a whole house, other than kitchen and bathrooms, skimmed. All the ceilings are artexed, and the walls stripped of wall paper. Any required preparations could be done in advance. Really just looking for a plasterer to come and do the skimming.

4 bedrooms:
4.6m x 3.7m
3.7m x 3.7m
4.0m x 2.8m
3.7m x 2.8m

Reception hall & staircase:
4.8m x 4.7m

Lounge:
5.4m x 3.7m

Dining Room:
4.6m x 3.7m

Thanks in advance
LR

Sponsored Links
tbh if you go out and get 3 or 4 quotes you are going to most probably find that the quotes you get will vary, its difficult to give you a quote without looking at it i would imagine you are going to get quotes coming in at around the £2000+ mark.

Thank for that.

Perhaps I should also mention the location - West Yorkshire - in case that makes a difference.

Thank for that.

Perhaps I should also mention the location - West Yorkshire - in case that makes a difference.
i dont think so, your quotes may also vary by hundreds of pounds making the lowest look tempting, theres a lot of work you have there, 4 berooms 2 livingrooms and a hallway, let us know how much you have been quoted once you get them

Sponsored Links
ill price that now based on what you have said
£1'700 all in mats fuel the lot 6 days work
theres two of us

why go shy high im happy with my prices
and do get a lot of work coming in
i think my prices are ok not to low not too high
just need to keep afloat in this day and age
its not easy when the poles work for £40 and like £1.50p per m2 skimming

hey hey hey why so touchy i never said there was anything wrong with your prices you charge what you want to charge and i the same i still have alot of work comeing in with what i charge its entirely up to the plasterer and the client.
as long as its a quality job at the end then everybodies happy.
i never ment to get anybodies back up i was meerly stateing what i would have said for that job although i couldnt have coverd fuel for that price so its irrelevant

i've got to say that the quote £1700 including petrol is crazy i've just looked up the distance from leeds to kent and its 257 miles, over 500 mile round trip so hes not going to do that every day if he did he and his m8 would spend more time driving than spreading, the other option is b&b wich would be another £60 a day between them, not viable in my opinion

B&B in leeds £60 no iv got some m8s in leeds so getting your head down isnt a prob
as for driving times if i do it in two trips drive there skim stay in leeds and drive back
everyone is happy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back