Plastering Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks,

Am in the process of renovating our new house, and have had a quote for replastering the whole house:

To re-board all ceilings with "artex" finish. Tape joints an skim......£1650

To make good, prep and skim all walls..........................................£1800.

This covers labour and materials.

The house is 4 bedrooms, all the walls are stripped, the electric/water pipe chasing we've had done has been filled in so the walls are in reasonable nick and ready to go for the most part.

Size-wise the bedrooms are roughly 13" by 11", 11" by 9", 9" by 9" and 9" by 8". Downstairs the lounge is 20" by 12" and the dining room is 11" by 10". On top of that there is the downstairs and upstairs hall areas which are reasonably sized. Plus they said they would make the bathroom walls ready for tiling where the old tiles had been taken off.

I think this sounds reasonable and from the research and rough guides I've found on the web it is backed up, but just wanted to sense check...?

Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
you should get 3 or more quotes from different plasterers that have good reputations. That way you know whether that is a reasonable price or not.

Once you have the quotes consider carefully which one to choose, dont just opt for the cheapest consider, experience, how long it will take them etc

Thanks - and yes under normal circumstances I would.

Unfortunately time pressures are rather extreme, and I just wanted to sense check it with a finger in the air if anyone on here was able to do so...ie that's too cheap, that's about right, or whoa that's pricey!

I am trying to get a handful of other quotes in parallel with this, but was hoping the good people of this board might be able to give some additional guidance / sanity check.

Sponsored Links
Sounds reasonable to me. Just add the stipulation that you want to see what one room looks like before they go onto the rest. If they are rubbish then you can show them the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back