Skim Thickness - Reskimming Old Plaster

I charge £17.50 an hour (£140) plus gear. Won't drop at all, I work hard for it.
and at that rate do you finish an "average" size room in one day. Im reluctant to skim rooms on an hourly rate. Would feel the need to give it that one more rub(polish)

Yes because 99% of my work is priced but if I do any "private" work for people I know then this is what I ask. As a rule, I keep away from this type of plastering.

Sponsored Links
i suppose were going off topic a bit, for the orginal poster, it will cost you a few hundred quid. But dpends were you are. Try and get a reccomendation for a plasterer, from someone you know, or if anyone where you live has recently had some plastering done, maybe knock on there door and ask if they would reccomend the plasterers.

Peaps...shouldn't you be at work?

Lol!!

I would suggest you ask for a price for the one room and the 5 rooms as two different quotes. Will be better rate if you get them all at once

Sponsored Links
There you go hutch you could be quoted as little as £80 a room or as much as £350 , your saying that this blokes work is aceptable but not perfect? how bad is it exactly cant it be snagged? meaning cant it be made good?
Yeah, thanks all for the replies!

I'll get some photos up of the current state of it, doesnt need to be perfect, and it might be the case that by doing the ceiling in one of the rooms, and the worse wall in a few of the others, and a bit of a tidyup on the ceiling wall interface* it can be bought upto a good enough scratch.
But if i have a rough worst-case price i can work from there, in terms of getting someone to quote, and knowing when to. No point having someone out if its going to be an amount I cant currently afford! The downside of having just bought my first house.

*Partially vaulted ceiling, with curved transition from the celiing to the sloping section which has been done very basly throughout.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back