Going wireless-hopefully!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just set-up an HP1320 Laser Jet printer for document printing and to save on ink costs with our main all-in-one HP Officejet 7410. What I would like to find out is if it is possible to buy a wireless adaptor to fit in the USB port on the L/J to allow it to connect to our wireless home network via our Belkin router?

Sponsored Links
try google, i just did they are available, but i need more info to see which one , so why dont you google seeing as you have the kit

What info. do you need breezer? I have looked on Google and found a print server made by D-Link that should allow me to do what I want to do. I can get this from the local PC World store. Will go and have a look at it today.
Many thanks for your reply breezer,

Dave

Do you have a link to the dlink? I assume by the fact you have a belkin router that you only have a couple of machines that will be printing and not an office load that will be printing a lot at once? If so a budget print server will work ok for you.

Sponsored Links
Thanks eggplant,

we have bought a Linksys WPS54GU2 Wireless 54MBPS Print Server that will do the job. Our setup is as follows:
Advent Desktop main PC, Belkin modem/router, HP7410 all-in-one OfficeJet wireless stand-alone printer. Second Advent Desktop PC is in my stepsons bedroom and my Toshiba Equium laptop used mainly in the sitting-room. Wife also has a Toshiba laptop and both access the net and the HP7410 wirelessly. HP LaserJet will be connected to the home network via the Linksys and the Belkin.
we will set it all up this afternoon and see what happens.

okies, should be pretty straight forward, post back if you have any probs.

Back