Gold fishes up side down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Five days ago, my wife move the 3 fan tailed gold fishes from outside to a smaller indoor tank ( 1 ft by 1.5 ft x 1 ft deep)) because of the zero degree C freezing weather. they were ok last night but not eating a lot. Now one of 5 year old is not moving ( presumably death), the other two are up side down and side way.

Two fishes are 5 years old, one is 9 year old. They were outside in a 3 ft by 1.5 ft tank for the past 5 years happily with no problem.

I don't know the ph value of the water, but the water was fresh rain water we used for the past 5 years with no problem.

Any advice, please. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Papion said:
I don't know the ph value of the water
:!:

its also probably due to stress, you should have filled the tank with the water they were in, not "new" rain water

not to mention nitrate / nitrite levels.

although water looks the same, it isnt

Sometimes Salt water can help if they are not feeling well (thats assuming they are in fresh at the moment).

awibble said:
Sometimes Salt water can help if they are not feeling well (thats assuming they are in fresh at the moment).
:eek:
NO :!:

that is a salt bath and has to be done with care and the corect amount of salt

Sponsored Links
May be a bit late but try adding a segment of orange (fruit) to the water. Vitamin C can help to solve swim-bladder problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back