gold plated pipe

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have a new shower mixer (surface mounted, round body) which has elbows with a 15mm compression/1" screw fitting.

Can I get matching gold colour pipe? Or gold coloured isolating valves to use as elbows?

It is replacing a bar mixer where the compressions went straight towards the (ply) wall and were the only thing holding the mixer in place, which I thought very unsatisfactory and difficult to remove for maintenance or replacement. The new one has a wall mounting plate.

the ply panel is (with difficulty) removable

Sponsored Links
Gi's a clue John - what make is it?

In my experience surface mounted valves come with colour-matched elbows so that you can turn into the wall and it still looks pretty.

Are you trying to mate it to the old connections?

Ultra "Beaumont"

n.o.s.

The old mixer has 150mm inlet centres (which i thought was standard) but the instructions say the new one is 130mm so i suppose i will have to drill at least one new hole in the panel :mad:

Yes, it has come with gold elbows, but I was hoping I could have service valves adjacent to the mixer. the supplies behind the panel are cold from above, hot from below.

I might one day want a rigid outlet to a fixed head, for which I would want a gold pipe as well.

JohnD said:
Ultra "Beaumont"
Is it one of these?

ultrabmseq_details.jpg

...or these?

ultratwinexp_details.jpg

If it is, then at least one retailer claims that it comes with a rigid riser rail.

Sorry John; I don't know what that means.

....so i suppose i will have to drill at least one new hole in the panel :mad:
I think so too.

Yes, it has come with gold elbows, but I was hoping I could have service valves adjacent to the mixer. the supplies behind the panel are cold from above, hot from below.
It would be more usual, and a lot easier, to fit each isolating valve close to the beginning of the pipe run, i.e. outlet from pump, cylinder or CSS.

I might one day want a rigid outlet to a fixed head, for which I would want a gold pipe as well.
Now you're just being smutty again.

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Looks like
ultrabmseq_details.jpg

Box is marked A4180 which i presume is the model. What price does the supplier charge?

n.o.s. meana "new old stock" meaning I got it from a Southampton supplier who'd had it on the shelf a long time. My box is definitely not big enough to put a riser into, I expect it was available with a downpour head separately. It is not on the packing list.

I saved even more than you, 'cos I'm not going to have to buy a gold riser rail. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back