Golf Mk4 alarm.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The alarm on my sons' Mk4 Golf estate has started going off occasionally at random, when the car is parked.
It stops with the key fob button so far, but is there any way of disconnecting the alarm without interfering with other electrics?.

Sponsored Links
Not easy to disconect the alarm on these. On thought on what might be causing it though. It is very common on these cars (and many other VAG cars) for leaks to develop at the boot. This is either leaks from external sources, or more commonly the rear washer tube cracks or becomes seperated and leaks. This leaks on to the boot catch, which contains a microswitch to tell the convienence module when the door/boot is open, the water shorts the switch and alarm goes off.

It could of course be a problem with one of the microswitches on the other doors. Check the footwell / puddle lights work on each door (if you have them) and the dash display (again if it has it). If one door doesn't work this could be the culprit.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look at these points.
Further info is that twice the terrier was in the car at the time (car parked,not locked and alarm not set) and once my son was sitting in the car in the car park with the key in the ignition and engine off.

A clue towards your suggestion of leaky hose/boot catch. The tailgate door won't unlock this morning and can't hear the solenoid working so we'll take a look there shortly.
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Back