good or bad practice in reg or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
morning gentlemen please could you tell me if the wiring in picture is in regs or should i go back to the top in the safe zone. plus i am concerned with the amount space left on the right of the window ( 5" ) All is to be dot and dab
cheers Gents

View media item 21341

Sponsored Links
It is in safe zones, but I would be concerned about where the curtain rod supports will go.

Why not run the cable horizontally right into the corners and go vertically there.

The safe zone is 6" in from corners as well as down from the ceiling.

Edit: Or, you could just go horizontally round the two walls and not go up to the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
That looks ok.

It does, but why go back up to the ceiling after that first socket on the right-hand wall? It does nothing but add an extra wall's height to cable length.

Personally I would try to avoid the safe zone if possible, always the risk of a future picture rail going up there or fairy lights etc.

was trying to stay in the safe zone as much as possible. planning officer is bit of stickler. so if going round the bottom is ok with regs thats what i shall do. will let you know what the stickler said at a later date
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

was trying to stay in the safe zone as much as possible. planning officer is bit of stickler. so if going round the bottom is ok with regs thats what i shall do. will let you know what the stickler said at a later date
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP
Planning officer?

Is this a listed building?

And why on earth do you not have a copy of the On-Site Guide and the Electrician's Guide To The Building Regulations?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back