Good quality but cheap and cheerful Screwdriver set?

Well I ended up buying the halfrauds set of 8 for £6 , just because again I was in a pickle days ago and just didn't had a damn screwdriver, headed to halfrauds as I remembered them having them and just picked up one box of them.
However I have to rate them as just - Meh... surerly better than some poundland ones but the design of them is pretty crap, very slippery, again very weird unpractical design, and in the whole set of 8 there are really only 3-4 screwdrivers in sizes which you would actually use.
Have used them few times now, and the heads on them are pretty ok , as in just OK.
They remind me a bit of Old russian mechanic tools (crude and very average, but does the job and seem to last)

Totally overhyped in the reviews, as probably they are very good if all you are going to do with them is going to hang a picture or do a flatpack furniture once a year and I think that's what they are aimed at- at a general DIY public who just hasn't used better stuff or barely knows what a screwdriver even is.

But for the money I guess they are ok, certainly it was just £6 and at least I have some screwdrivers now, but will keep an eye when something good comes on offer.

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/halfords-advanced-8-piece-screwdriver-set

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back