Long Screwdrivers needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to fit some bedroom furniture that needs to be fastened to the wall just above the units will L brackets. There is very limited room above to get in with normal size screwdriver, so need them to be longer than the depth of the units (Which is 63cm) Or a long extension bar for a socket set so i can use that instead.

Does anyone know where i can get a good quality one from?

Sponsored Links
You could buy a screwdriver which has a hex drive on its handle (Machine Mart 040212058) and then use extension bars for socket sets I guess....is there no other way around this?
John :)

Thanks Burnerman I already have 1 of those just need to find the extension bar long enough to do the job. I can't think of any other way around it.

Why not fit the bracket from the inside??
Can't do this as the unit sits slightly off the wall meaning only the side panels will be at touching point.

Sponsored Links
@Stivino

Thanks for that suggestion. I have thought along those lines
Or a long extension bar for a socket set so i can use that instead
Just thought i might be able to get away with 1 long length. How stable is something connected with all those bits?

Hasten thee to thine local B&Q, and buy a length of 3/8" square bar.
Buy a 3/8 screwdriver socket from the same place or maybe Halfords.
You'll be able to turn the square bar with a tap wrench or maybe an adjustable spanner....the bar will twist a bit but its the cheapo option!
John :)

Would a couple of these or one of these help?

You could use a touch of light adhesive to hold the screw in place until it bites into the wall plug.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
@Stivino

Thanks for that suggestion. I have thought along those lines
Or a long extension bar for a socket set so i can use that instead
Just thought i might be able to get away with 1 long length. How stable is something connected with all those bits?

If it's too wobbly just put some tape round the joints that wobble.
John's square bar is a good idea too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back