Good quality exterior masonry paint?

BOC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to repaint the outside of my house. It's a 1930s detached, fully rendered and painted.

It doesn't look as if it's been painted for a few years (I've lived here for 3 years) so I know I'm going to have to spend a lot of time rubbing down the loose paint and having blown render/cracks repaired.

Once the prep work is done can anyone recommend a good quailty exterior paint (white) to use on the walls? I would rather pay extra now for a good quality paint than have do do it all again in a couple of years.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I have had excellent results with Dulux Weathershield smooth masonry paint. I prefer though Dulux All Seasons masonry paint which although is dearer to buy, is an oil based paint and is rain proof in 15 minutes. Handy in the current climate.

Johnstones do a good one as...both oil and water based, so do crown..stronghold water based I find is very good

Personally not keen on Dulux masonry I find the whites very very thing and they skin up in the tray quickly

But the all seasons stuff is one of the best products out there IMO.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back