Good quality taps at a good price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bristan kitchen tap has broken yet again, and now Bristan won't send me the parts FOC unless I can supply proof of purchase.

I've had the tap around 5 years now, but it has broken to the point of being unusable 4 times within that time. Previously Bristan have supplied me with a new cartridge (the handle/lever mount breaks away from the cartridge) when I have complained, but now they want the receipt and I can't find it.

The tap has been pretty poor since day one really, without the handle snapping off, the cartridge would get very stiff and was difficult to get a mix between hot & cold. The seals at the bottom of the tap neck are leaking quite badly and have been for a while.

This has put me off Bristan, and I ask myself if it is valid to pay a premium for these 'reputed' brands. I fitted some 1/4 turn taps in my bathroom (can't remember the make, not particuarly expensive from a plumber merchant - maybe someone like Hudson Reed) and these have been trouble free.

Can anyone recommend some manufacturers that are decent quality without an overinflated price tag?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back