Good turn gone bad.

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
17. The fuel "MPG" readout serves as entertainment during boring journeys, whereby points are awarded for the driver who can make it dip lowest through use of low gears and inappropriate speed.

18. Traction control is seen as a target, not a driving aid.

19. They can be parked in much narrower spaces than the equivalent private car, often where other cars will knock their doors on it.

20. Any empty wet roundabout becomes a practice track for "Tiff Needell" driving style.

21. All of those places where you have often thought "Hey, I reckon I could drive over that!" are subjected to experiment.

Sponsored Links
And isnt there an unwritten rule about how it is compulsary to have a white shirt hanging from the handle over the passenger door?

It is preferable to repeatedly bash the doors/wings of the car parked next to you in any car park.

Petrol queues are there to be jumped.

Mobile Phones should only be answered at speeds of above 80mph

Maps can only be read as above.

For similarities see "white van man"

All tongue in cheek of course! :D
Jane
x

Oh dear !
Wife's company car different only in respect of the fact that if more damage had been found, in gearbox, at a later date ..... we alone, would not have had the clout that her company having lots of vehicles insured enjoys, and would I suppose have had to foot the bill ... an injustice I would have thought.

P

i enjoy watching my MPG-ometer swing wildly (if digi displays can actually "swing"....) from one extreme to the other. As you say, good fun to see how much/little you can make it register.

Also, traction is better off. But there's a little warning light that remains oin when TC is off. Drives me nuts!

Sponsored Links
The TC on the Mk4 Astra is daft. You turn it off. But it turns itself back on. I don't know where the threshold lies where it decides to say "Only me!" in an annoying voice and cut engine power, sending you into a wall that you might just have escaped otherwise, before saying "Now I do not believe you wanted to do that!". But if you have already decided to live "dangerously" by turning off the traction control then it shouldn't decided to come back.

Admittedly I found this out when performing No. 18 on the list because I wanted to see what traction control would do in a handbrake-on burnout :D That's what happens when you give a 19 year old a company Astra SXi (wasn't mine, was in the custody of my sis' b/f :LOL: ) Especially if their girlfriend's older brother has an inquisitive mind.

Back