Good UK combi boiler manufacturers ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to get in touch with a decent manufacturer of combi boilers in the UK with regards to an idea I've got for a boiler enhancement.

Obviously I can't say too much about the idea in public but having run it past a few close relatives the general feeling is that it is a good idea and could be quite a big feature in the boilers.

So far I have tried the following companies:

Vaillant - cut off twice, left a couple of messages but no call backs
WB - passed around a couple of departments, cut off, voicemail with no call back
Broag - expressed initial interest, answered a couple of emails but they don't seem to want to take me seriously

I haven't given this idea to any of the above companies because I've asked them to give me a firm assurance that the idea won't be used without my permission and not received any replies from that point forward.

Anyone know some other good manufacturers of boilers in the UK who are approachable ?

Thanks
Dom

Sponsored Links
baxi

ideal

vokera

biasi

none of them i would class as good apart from vokera though :LOL:

JohnD said:
perhaps you should patent it first.

That has been suggested before but the patent process is an expensive one and a pain in the rear.

Its only worth patenting something if you have the funds to challenge anyone who breaches the patent and that could cost hundreds of thousands through the courts.

I'd rather sell the idea to a manufacturer for a one off payment (I actually just want a new boiler ....... ) and have done with it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
yeh but see it from a manufacturers point of view.

some guy rocks up on the phone and says he has a great idea that he hasnt patented but wont tell them what the idea is. sorry but its unlikely to get very far like that.

obviously not knowing what the idea is we cant advise you whether or not its even worth it. not that you asked for that advice anyway.

Could you not give us a hint about what the idea is? I'm sure it won't go any further.

manufacturers (not of boilers in particular) don't like people telling them about their inventions.

Often, their R&D already has a similar idea, and when it is produced, the amateur will claim they stole his idea.

Authors and scriptwriters have the same problem and the successful ones will never read an unsolicited suggestion.

Could you not give us a hint about what the idea is? I'm sure it won't go any further.
Basically its a combined safety and energy savings device.

Using something similar in my last property I more than halved my fuel bill.

I appreciate JohnDs comment about why the manufacturers don't appreciate ideas like this but if I can find a company I can trust with the idea and they are totally honest with me then I can't see there being any problems.

Just a quick update - come off the phone to one of the above boiler manufacturers and have emailled them my idea.

Turns out I used to go to school with the chappie I spoke to - small world eh !!!!

Fingers crossed now that its an original idea for them and they take it on.

Great, that way they can go on to world domination whilst you get your free boiler.

You clearly have the ideas but I can offer this humble piece of business advice. You really shouldn't sell your innovations so cheaply. After all Francisco Scaramanga would never have offered 007 the plans for his Solex Agitator in exchange for a quick one with Britt Eckland.

You clearly have the ideas but I can offer this humble piece of business advice. You really shouldn't sell your innovations so cheaply. After all Francisco Scaramanga would never have offered 007 the plans for his Solex Agitator in exchange for a quick one with Britt Eckland.

the fool!!

Just got an email from the company I approached and they are interested in the idea. I have been passed on to a senior engineer to get the ideas tested :D

Can't fault the manufacturer for communications now we've got the ball rolling so I'll leave this post as it is for now.

Thanks for everyones input :D

Just having a harmless joke with the OP. Nickso......le

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back