Nearly New Broag 28c Combi - Noisy When Heating On.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Broag/Remeha 28c combi fitted 8 months ago which has recently become noisy when the heating is on. I can't get the installer back, as he is on a long holiday visiting family in Oz.

It was fitted to my microbore system, which has 4 small single rads and a towel rail. When the heating is on, a whining droning noise comes from the boiler, which stops if you then run a tap.

Not sure when the installer will return to The UK. Does anyone have any ideas what this may be? Should I contact the manufacturer for service, and is it their responsibility to fix it whilst it is under guarantee?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Should I contact the manufacturer for service, and is it their responsibility to fix it whilst it is under guarantee?
Although the installer is legally responsible for any work done while the boiler is under warranty, I'm sure the manufacturer would want to help out in your unique circumstances.

Phone their After Sales dept: 0118 974 3070

it may be just the pump thats making the noise on low speed, it is set to low speed for CH by default (which can be changed via programming) then automatically switches to high speed on hotwater demand, but there is obviously something wrong somewhere so give broag a call for advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back