Google Nest with new tank stat (Drayton HTS3)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning everyone. I recently installed a Nest 3rd Gen to my system. Everything was working perfectly with a old and brittle Drayton HTS3. I purchased a new Drayton HTS3 installed it and everything stopped working. I previously had the stat set to 60degrees so I put this one the same and nothing. Even with a schedule or using ‘boost’... nothing

Now here’s the weird part, well for me anyway... if I turn the stat all the way down/turn off. It works! The minute you go above 40-45 it clicks off. It seems to be working in reverse. Once again, the old one worked flawlessly. I imagine it was installed with the house back in 2003

Can anyone please help?! If I click the button in the Heatlink, it goes into manual mode so it must be a problem with the stat? I’ve bought two and they’ve both had the same results

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it’s wired back to front? Any photos of wiring at Nest and Drayton?

Sounds like it’s wired back to front? Any photos of wiring at Nest and Drayton?

That’s what we thought, when we demand it’s satisfied and when it’s satisfied it demands... I can get some pictures tonight when I’m home. It’s strange because the previous model was wired the same and it worked. We switched the demand and satisfied wires over and it come up with an error on the Nest....

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Morning guys. We had a look last night and I have a Y plan. We swapped over the supply and demand cable and weirdly it worked!! I say weirdly because we did this exact process on the day we was having the issue and it come up on the Nest as an error. A guy called Steve at Drayton was very helpful in running through the process with my dad just to make sure we had the cable in the right connections, so a shout out to Steve!

Thank you for the responses yesterday, it was much appreciated

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back