GOP ferric metal plunge cutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's really pedantic but when i cut floorboards i like to do it dead centre of the joist so the load is as perfectly distributed as it can be. I don't have the metal plunge cutter but the nails that are sometimes in the centre line are annoying the hell out of me, just to be sure, it wouldn't do the metal plunge cutter any harm if it hit a bit of wood while slicing that nail in two?

Sponsored Links
you can happily cut the wood with a metal blade you will get more heat as theres no offset on the teeth so no clearence

just cut to the the side off the nails 3/4" is more than enough for the boards to nail/screw to at a slight angle :LOL:

That is pedantic :LOL: why no bisect the nails so you go infront of one and behind the other so to speak, or punch them through? Personally i just cut tight to them on the side that I want to lift and screw the board back down afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back