GoPro Video to Hudl 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am converting video files to MP4 or AVI , dropping them to a USB stick then attempting playback on a Hudl 2
The video appears to load to the Hudl and progresses playback as usual, but as a black screen???

Sponsored Links
MP4 and AVI are containers, which can contain a wide range of different video and audio formats.
It's likely that whatever video/audio codec is being used in the conversion is not supported on the other device.

That's very interesting, the $64... question is can I find out how to match the two?

Have discovered that all Heros use h 264 with MP4 (whatever that means!)
Watch this space

Sponsored Links
Have you tried installing VLC on your hudl? This could prevent your need to convert at all.

Thanks M, tried that, the video shows in thumbnails, along with others in MP4 but the pic is black, as is the video when playback is activated.

Am struggling at the moment with a trial of BOROSOFT VIDEO CONVERTER, any-one used this one ???

It could also be that your hudl doesn't understand the colour format of the video. Can you upload a short video taken with your GoPro to the forum? I'll convert it to a few different formats using ffmpeg and we can do a bit of trial and error. https://ttselectrical.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4116/related/1 Says the hudl2 should play h264 (a video format commonly found inside MP4 containers) so some variations on the theme may be needed

Thanks cj. Borosoft has done the job, I managed to find the right button from a long list and it now works on both Hudl and Hudl 2.
If any-one is having the same problem would be happy to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back