GORENJE washing machines. Any good ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Hotpoint WM 17 yrs old does not spin, and it looks like it can be either the brushes or the belt. It has 3-4 repairs over the years, so it looks like it is time to buy a new one.
Dealers are offering Gorenje with a 5 yrs parts and labour guarantee, so are they any good ?
I have searched this forum for 'Gorenje' and there are only 2 queries re the make. Has anyone bought any of their models, if so, can you recommend them ?
I have had a look at Good Housekeeping's site re washing machines, and the vast majority of all makes are in the 70-80 out of 100. Even some of the dearer makes and models.
Hoping someone can provide info. re Gorenje, Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
captaincaveman1, Thanks for that. A recommendation, but it looks like the wife has set her mind on another Hotpoint. Will try and persuade her otherwise.

I've never worked on a Gorenje. Probably there were no dealers selling them in my corner of Scotland. I have heard good things about them. They are based in Slovenia and own Asko, another quality brand. The Gorenje group includes Aga, Rayburn and Stanley cooking stoves, again quality products.
The small drum Hotpoints like the WM17 were good machines but the ones they make now are rubbish.

Sponsored Links
fidom, Thanks for your information. Very interesting. Looked up ASKO and they are a top quality firm (Swedish, I think) which sell to 20 countries throughout the world, but not the UK. As a result of what I found about them, and the connection with Aga,Rayburn, etc., and Gorenje, I was about to go and see about a Gorenje washing machine.
My wife has jumped the gun and has bought a Hotpoint WM from a local, independent supplier. The only good point is that it can be delivered tomorrow.
From what I have been finding out on the web is that Gorenje are building up a very good name.
Thanks for the information provided.

Gorenje tend to be sold through independent local shops. If your missus is going on the fact the last Hotpoint gave such good service then unfortunately since then Hotpoint is now owned by the same company that bought Indesit and ruined that name so you need to convince her otherwise trust me.

captaincaveman1, The money has been spent, mine of course, and she went and bought a Hotpoint as we had been without a washer since last Friday. If it lets her down, then I can blame her.

The Gorenje group includes Aga, Rayburn and Stanley cooking stoves, again quality products.
No it doesn't, AGA etc are owned by the AGA-Rangemaster group who have no connection with Gorenje.

captaincaveman1, The money has been spent, mine of course, and she went and bought a Hotpoint as we had been without a washer since last Friday. If it lets her down, then I can blame her.
Why would anybody buy a hotpoint when you can get a Gorenje for less than £300 with a 5 year warranty :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back