GORGI registered, big deal!

I dnot know I rather be registered with GORGi may be they would DO some thing :LOL:

Sponsored Links
BAHCO said:
Has nobody picked up on original post that said the engineer was GORGI registered and not Corgi registered :?:
The engineer was obviously a cowboy with little or no qualifications :rolleyes:

Forgive me for being a simple customer but I have no idea what this point is about.

Oh look Watchdog is about dodgy plumbers again... I wonder if they are GORGI registerd? £530 to replace a sink trap. I wonder if any of you guys are able to make excuses for that aswell.

The Watchdog examples were obvious rip-offs (in my opinion) Your case is nothing like a rip-off, I can't understand why you are still complaining. Could you tell us what you do for a living?

Sponsored Links
Source: witch online

Our undercover investigation proves you can't always trust advice from boiler contractors

Boilers may sound dull, but life isn't much fun without one. When you're left shivering and with no hot water, you're at the mercy of one of the many 'expert' heating contractors. But how can you decide which one to trust?

We went undercover and found that knowledgeable, trustworthy engineers are few and far between. More than half the contractors we tested gave poor advice. You can't rely on impressive-looking adverts or membership of professional bodies. Even household name British Gas can't guarantee good service. Some contractors displayed an alarming lack of technical know-ledge, failed to inspect properly, gave incorrect advice, and recommended unsuitable work. Prices were just as unpredictable as service levels: quotes for the same house varied by as much as £2,000.

Choosing the wrong contractor can cost you dearly, and the wrong advice or an incorrect installation could put your safety at risk as well as your cash. We explain what you need to know to avoid the common pitfalls.

So are you saying every plumber's in the UK is a rip off merchant ?????

Nobby^1 said:
BAHCO said:
Has nobody picked up on original post that said the engineer was GORGI registered and not Corgi registered :?:
The engineer was obviously a cowboy with little or no qualifications :rolleyes:

Forgive me for being a simple customer but I have no idea what this point is about.

The point is there is no such thing as GORGI registered. :eek:
The installer has misled people as there is no such thing.
Either that or you have spelt it wrong when posting :rolleyes:

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
, where does their money/your money come from,little boy in indian sweat shop maybe, ".

maybe I'm the little boy suggested by this racist comment!

On that note yipeeeee Who gives a sh**t

P.S Anyone needs help with their central heating dont ask me Im only A poor Corgi Engineer

Nobhead

The guys on this forum give their advice freely and you have succeeded in alienating them with your bad attitude. :evil:
Suggest you go on a course and learn how to plumb and fix boilers so you don't get ripped off by us plumbers in the future :evil: :evil:

BAHCO said:
The point is there is no such thing as GORGI registered. :eek:
The installer has misled people as there is no such thing.
Either that or you have spelt it wrong when posting :rolleyes:

Registration is now a legal requirement for businesses and self-employed people working on gas fittings or appliances.There are many benefits of being CORGI registered. Around 47,000 gas installation businesses employing approximately 98,000 gas fitting operatives are currently registered.

Taken from GORGI's website. There is no such thing as GORGI registered

masona said:
So are you saying every plumber's in the UK is a rip off merchant ?????

No, I'm saying that there are rip off merchants and some GORGI engineers who don't know what they are doing and getting the rest of you guys a bad reputation and some of you guys doing yourself no favours by trying to defend them.

BAHCO said:
Suggest you go on a course and learn how to plumb and fix boilers so you don't get ripped off by us plumbers in the future :evil: :evil:

I don't recall ever saying I have been ripped off by a plumber in the past nor do I intend to get ripped of by one in the future. I unlike a lot of your customers have some knowledge of plumbing so I am pretty certain I won't get stung.

Nobby, Can you explain what you mean by "racist" comment, I point out that maybe some Indian child is working fourteen hours a day making carpets or Nike trainers for a pittance and somebody over here is creaming it in off there backs, and they wont call that ripping off, they will call it business, why do you think all the banks are having their call centers abroad, duh, tell me what part of my comment was "racist" :confused:

CORGI = Council of Registered Gas Installers

GORGI = :?: :?: :?: or am I missing something here :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back