Got paint on borrowed scaffold boards, should I sandvthem out?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I personally wouldn't care and I didn't put a dust sheet up on them as I thought it might make surface slippier
DSC_0350.JPG
r but people are different. Some people get offended I guess. Should I sand it out and put a sheet over for rest of work?

Using them at too of tower

Sponsored Links
A sheet could/would be a hazard.

It's only to be expected isn't it? Is the dark colour yours as well?

I lent my big stepladders to a customer to paint his cavernous lounge, he apologised for getting paint on them, but I fully expected it

Sponsored Links
lent my big ole dewalt 4d work light-charger to my niegbour so the plasterer could work with the rose loose
he tried to give it back to me a few days later and i said its not mine
he said it is
i said go back and have another look and when you find one without any plaster on it that will be my one

Is this a wind up? They're rough old scaffold boards, not someone's 18th century Chippendale furniture. Don't tell me you got cement in his cement mixer? :ROFLMAO:
That's what I think. But some people don't even like you walking on their grass

I spend a lot on decent tools and try to keep them clean. Over the years I have found that (my) customers work on the assumption that a decorator with paint-free clothes and tools is less likely to make a mess in their homes.

If I lend tools to someone, I expect them to get the back in the same condition that I lent them. That said, I am now approaching the stage where I do not want to lend tools to "mates". You lend them a £500 sander and you have to pay £50 for a new sanding pad as soon as you get it back. They cut through a cable, put a connector block on it covered with electrian's tape, and you have to pay £20 for a new plug it lead.

As time goes on, there are only about 4 tradesmen mates that I would be willing to lend tools to. They are the kind of people that buy decent tools and understand how much good tools cost (and look after them accordingly). Additionally they understand the concept of wear and tear.

Granted, a couple of dots of paint on scaffolding boards doesn't seem like a big deal but if you lent someone your car and they gave it back to you looking like it had been used to ram raid the local branch of Dixons, would you simply shrug and say "fair enough"?

Yes, but a piece of wood hired for that purpose is not a car.

Does anyone clean scaffolding poles before returning them?

Yes, but a piece of wood hired for that purpose is not a car.

Agreed, my example was silly.

The boards however have been borrowed and not hired.

The OP seems to have been happy to use dust sheets to protect his property from paint splashes.

I'd be surprised if his friend got annoyed about the small paint splashes but £3 will buy you a cheap pretend tarp that you can fold over to prevent splashes and will not be a trip hazard.

I use scaffolding. 99% of the time the boards are not not new. Yes, I do leave the odd drop of paint behind, I normally try to wipe them away though. If they were a freebie from a mate, I would feel obliged to leave them cleaner than when I borrowed them.

FGS!

Just try and sand the boards down so we can go back to something else. (washing hair, watching TV, waiting for paint to dry)

It will take you 5 minutes and a bit of sandpaper.

Sponsored Links
Back