Grab a jab.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The grab a jab vaccine scheme for the over 18’s is doing well with over half the eligible adults on target to be vaccinated by the end of today. How telling that some of the Covid anti-vaxxers on here have not come out and stated something along the lines of "My children who are equally, if not more intelligent than me, have also refused to have the jab". :whistle:

Sponsored Links
"My children who are equally, if not more intelligent than me, have also refused to have the jab". :whistle:
You would have to know where the start point was to be able to criticise. I don't see any anti-vaxer, anti-lockdown conspiracy nut jobs, winning any MENSA awards anytime soon.

A report stated that about one third of those that contracted the delta variant had been vaccinated with at least 1 jab.
That is exactly as you'd expect. There's a nice short summary here, it's mostly about mortality but the same applies to infections.

https://www.theguardian.com/theobse...e-who-now-die-with-covid-have-been-vaccinated

The vaccines are not perfect. PHE estimates two-dose effectiveness against hospital admission with the Delta infections at around 94%. We can perhaps assume there is at least 95% protection against Covid-19 death, which means the lethal risk is reduced to less than a twentieth of its usual value.

But the risk of dying from Covid-19 is extraordinarily dependent on age: it halves for each six to seven year age gap. This means that someone aged 80 who is fully vaccinated essentially takes on the risk of an unvaccinated person of around 50 – much lower, but still not nothing, and so we can expect some deaths.
Nothing really new in it, I'd said the same thing a while back, but it's by someone whose crunched the numbers and is better qualified.

Sponsored Links
A report stated that about one third of those that contracted the delta variant had been vaccinated with at least 1 jab.
969834F1-E4C7-40CE-9793-B0AE03093E2D.jpeg

The grab a jab vaccine scheme for the over 18’s is doing well with over half the eligible adults on target to be vaccinated by the end of today. How telling that some of the Covid anti-vaxxers on here have not come out and stated something along the lines of "My children who are equally, if not more intelligent than me, have also refused to have the jab". :whistle:
Oh look it's the stalker again...

When will it get it into it's brain cell that privacy is an individual right and only a nutjob would divulge private medical information about family members or friends online!

But talking of that, have you opted out of the NHS data gathering/selling database?

Oh look it's the stalker again...

When will it get it into it's brain cell that privacy is an individual right and only a nutjob would divulge private medical information about family members or friends online!

But talking of that, have you opted out of the NHS data gathering/selling database?
Oh look, it’s Ms Ego again…
Do you think every post I make is about you?
It’s looking more and more like you are stalking me!

that doesnt tell you the whole story

it does not show how many vaccinated people were protected against hospitalisation.

Of the 902 under 50, 695 (77%) were unvaccinated, 79 (9%) within 21 days of their first dose of vaccine, 85 (9%) more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine and 27 (3%) were fully vaccinated.

Of the 418 over 50, 136 (33%) were unvaccinated, nine (2%) within 21 days of their first dose of vaccine, 104 (25%) more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine and 163 (39%) were fully vaccinated.

that doesnt tell you the whole story

it does not show how many vaccinated people were protected against hospitalisation.

Of the 902 under 50, 695 (77%) were unvaccinated, 79 (9%) within 21 days of their first dose of vaccine, 85 (9%) more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine and 27 (3%) were fully vaccinated.

Of the 418 over 50, 136 (33%) were unvaccinated, nine (2%) within 21 days of their first dose of vaccine, 104 (25%) more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine and 163 (39%) were fully vaccinated.

Sponsored Links
Back