Granite setts with large grout lines.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have some existing granite setts that have very deep and wide grout lines 5cm - 8cm deep and often 6cm grout lines separating them. I bought some flow point in advance but am now wondering if I need to use a different product or just a mortar mix. How would you do it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    816.9 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
Hello. I have some existing granite setts that have very deep and wide grout lines 5cm - 8cm deep and often 6cm grout lines separating them. I bought some flow point in advance but am now wondering if I need to use a different product or just a mortar mix. How would you do it?
Ask them.

Still have a question about Flowpoint?​

If you’re still not sure about whether Flowpoint is the right choice for your paving project or have another burning question about how to use it, get in touch with our expert team on 0330 122 1025. We’re available weekdays, 8.30am to 5.30pm.

Flowpoint will work fine, it may take a bit longer to set due to the thickness and the time of year, just have few sponges to hand to keep the surface clean.

Anything you put in on top of that existing infill will be back out in a short time unless you grind them out to at least the minium specified depth, +25% to be sure.

Sponsored Links
"I've just stumbled and broke my ankle, but on the way down I happened to notice how great the paving looked (y) . My compliments.
Btw, I'm suing you for £10k plus costs".

they look pretty crap actually - they need something but it will be 10 bags of flowpoint to get them pointed I think.

You may find it easier to use a watering can on joints that big, saves having to clean the setts, flowpoint can be ballache to clean off, not 100% sure if it will work, never used a watering can to point before:)

A good old difference of opinion then. But definitely thoroughly jetwash the crap out of it before trying to use anything.

I remember my old school playground had tar poured into the joints. We used to pull it out and use it as plasticine in the summer, think it turned to liquid on really hot days so possibly not a great idea other than on a public road.

But I still think they look OK as they are (only just).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back