Granite sink fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a granite kitchen sink which was a b******d to say the least due to the accessibility of the clamp screws. Anyway, the fitting instruction seem to suggest that you do not use a sealant to bed it on. I can understand this to a certain degree because the sink matches the worktop and without any sealant, you should get the appearance of the worktop and sink all being one. However, I was concerned that water and other liquids could get trapped under the edge so I used a matching silicon sealant. The problem is that the silicon started to go off during the time it took me to tighten the clamps down properly and I have ended up with a not unsightly but obvious gap of about 1mm between the worktop and sink which is filled with silicon. What is the correct way of fitting these sinks?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back