Grant boiler not igniting...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice please. My mums combi boiler isnt working correctly. I had a look and dont know whats wrong with it. The burner will not ignite.

There is oil getting through.
The water pressure is at 1.5 bar.
The wall stat is calling for heat and that is confimed on the front panel of the boiler.
The over heat light on not on.
I pulled out the photocell and thats clean.

When i press the reset button on the burner it will start and after 5 seconds or so, it will try to ignite, but it doesnt. I then keeps doing this for about 30 seconds and then stops. It is trying to ignite and start but for some reason will not get going.

Im at a loss now and as Im not a plumber, dont know enough to troubleshoot it further. She lives in a rural area and nobody can attend until Monday but its pretty cold in the house now so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It'll have a riello burner take of the red cover undo the two screws on the black control box and disconnect the plug for the photo cell if the burner lights and runs for 4seconds then goes out the photo cell is goosed replace it.Bob

Thanks for that, will try that and if thats it, will get a new photocell on Monday. Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back