Ravenheat 85t combi - slow ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had this installed. The auto air vent cap is missing, the mains inlet to heat exchanger connector leaked and the pump was stuck. Apart from that the boiler is now workring except it takes about 10 seconds from turning a tap on to the burner igniting. Trying to save energy with a condensing boiler and waste a load of water waiting for it to heat up!

Is there a way to adjust this? The troubleshoot in manual isn't very extensive e.g. does it work - Yes then you're OK, No - is it switched on.

Sponsored Links
Best to get the engineer from Ravenheat out, although I gather they only have 1 or 2 so could take awhile.

I am a little confused by this posting!

You say "Just had this installed" so if there are any problems with it surely the first thing to do is call back the installer?

I do hope he is CORGI registered and has completed the Benchmark certificate and followed the Gas Work Notification procedure to inform your local Building Control department of the fitting of a Controlled appliance.

Most combis light the gas within 3-5 seconds but there are some which take longer like the 12 second Ideal Response range.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
How long does it take to fire up if you turn the heating on at the front panel? Thw HW response should be only slightly longer, I would guess. (Can't say I'm bang up to date on Ravers!)

Quickest procedure is to get your installer back and with the casing open call Ravenheat. Their tech department will talk him through if he's interested in getting it going straight away.
Otherwise if he's too busy just ask for a service call; which never usually takes more than 3 working days in my experience. The engineer calls you between 8 and 9am on the day and tells you when to expect him/her.
A lot of people on here dont like Ravenheats but the sheds are knocking so many out that sooner or later we will all be working on them, like it or not.

Frightening news, thousands of boilers flying of the shelves from the sheds.

80% ? being fitted by enthusiasts :eek:

Damn - do they not fall for that one ;)

Trying to pin the engineer down to come and visit - :mad:

I was hoping it may be something simple like a knob to adjust. From what I can remember the CH kicks in quick, just the DHW that takes it time consitantly -
I have the dread of hearing "hmmmmm gonna cost ya" or waiting in all day for engineer and hearing "I was held up" "my van broke down". Why can't they be honest - like some old granny needed ripping off ;)

Damn - do they not fall for that one

Not a case of falling for it.
Here's how I see it. They have a deal with BNFNQ and if Ravenheat don't look after their guarantee work the word gets back to BNFNQ who in turn promotes more Biasi's.
Ravenheat knows this, so when you call them they are just interested in getting your boiler working and past the 12 month guarantee period. They know their product is a DIY item and despite the law they accept that many are fitted by DIYers, so they don't mess about doing water tests and ranting on about what should and shouldnt be like the more elite manufacturers. They just fix the bugger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back