Grant boiler spares

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a grant oil boiler version 2 model 70, and I am wondering where can I get replacement copper pipework for it? My rented house was burgled and they nicked all the pipework in the house and the piping from the boiler. Can you actually buy the proper pipework for it or can I just buy copper piping and do it myself?

Sponsored Links
I assume this boiler is actually a Grant Combi 70 MkII??

if so the factory made pipe work is no longer available, you will need to make up new copper manifolds using brassware, copper pipe and fittings - it may be better all round to up-grade to a new boiler such as The Grant Vortex Combi 21 - which is a SEDBUK "A" rated boiler ;)

Sponsored Links
Trouble is Because the pipes have been taken out from the boiler I'm not sure which ones go where unless you got a diagram. Or I could just change it, don't want to get e new one because the property is up for sale.
On another note I was thinking of moving the boiler upstairs into the bathroom,or in the kitchen, at the moment it's in an outhouse building and an easier target for thrives

Read it in MI's. Think it was HRM and Heating World to name 2.

You have just named two boilers that I would not fit anywhere, least of all a bathroom!!

I think you're getting confused with not drawing COMBUSTION air from a bathroom.

Sorry not actually forbidden, HRM reads 'where there is no alternative'. However I don't confuse drawing air with allowable location thank you.

Oil fired boilers can be sited upstairs without any problems provided they are fed by a suitably designed fuel supply system (personally due to the weight I would not do this unless absolutely no alternative - but technically no reason for not doing it) :confused:

I've a customer who has a boulter in his loft it's on a 5mm sheet of steel and the tiger loop lifts the oil 20ft up to the boiler quite a set up

I often wonder "Why the fook did some Numpty do this"

I did a repair recently where somebody had installed a 20/25 Heatslave up 3 flights of narrow twisting stairs.
The Tigerloop and KBB was outside on the gable end wall. Fitted whilst scaffolding was up but no access by ladder due to outbuildings.
It will be expensive if there is a failure.

I used to service a couple of Heatslaves fitted upstairs with external tigerloops. Fortunately tigerloops are reliable. The big problem was when the pressure dropped in the boiler, the highest point was the thermostat pocket in the heatstore. Consequently the DHW demand was never satisfied, and the limit stat kept tripping. Idid have another which was fed with a 2 pipe system which worked well without any potential ladder work in the event of tigerloop failure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back