Grant Oil System Boiler Electrical Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

So got a new install going on at the moment, the System oil boiler from Grant, has no external thermostat switched live like I'm used to. It only has main in, when powered runs until it reaches pre-set water loop temp. How do I connect this to my thermostat in the house? I have a smart stat, with zone control in each room, and a bypass. So need to zone valves, as the boiler only runs the rads. Do I just use the thermostat to switch the boiler on and off at its mains input? The connection diagram in the manual seems to show this for external control.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I should imagine it’s done at the wiring center. @Exedon might be your best bet for this.

Sponsored Links
IMG_8950.png

read the installation manual. if you don't understand from that you should get in someone who does

The installation manual says to connect to 5a switched mains supply. That’s all well and good, but that means no control over the boiler at all. I have a Tado system, with controlled TRV’s and sensors in each room. The main stat has a simple normally open relay. So the only way I see to control this boiler is to wire the mains through the thermostat and this will work for sure. Just wanted to know if that’s ok for this boiler as it will switch the whole boiler on and off pump and burner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back