Grant vortex 36e no hot water (or pressure)

For the blending valve no need to drain store. New fibre washers are a good idea though.

For plate HE yes drain store.

Sponsored Links
thanks terry

Are they just any half inch fibre washer?
2x 1/2, 2 x 3/4. But the genuine parts are plastic top hats which you insert into the relevant pipes and they do not fall out whilst lining up the pipework, which is a fiddly job. It makes sense to completely remove the cold water feed pipe from the iso/non return valve as the soldered leg to the filling loop is fragile. A replacement is over £50 + vat.

Sponsored Links
65244D78-20B2-44F2-B718-65F4C590F898.jpeg
2x 1/2, 2 x 3/4. But the genuine parts are plastic top hats which you insert into the relevant pipes and they do not fall out whilst lining up the pipework, which is a fiddly job. It makes sense to completely remove the cold water feed pipe from the iso/non return valve as the soldered leg to the filling loop is fragile. A replacement is over £50 + vat.

Thank you gentlemen for all your help, I am having a nightmare!

Blending valve all clear, it’s not that, the valve delivery pipe where it meets the heat exchanger is scaled up but you can blow through it (hopefully see pic)

When reassembled, heating all works ok, still no hot water and now no flow switch, demand or DHW pump lights are on.

Had the flow switch out, didn’t have a tester with me, put it back, still not working, and now the power button is playing up, turn it on and won’t stay on, red light keeps going out so will need changing.

I sadly think my problem is another scaled up heat exchanger

any other suggestions gratefully received

Has anyone any experience in using chemicals to descale a plate heat exchanger
Or is this a waste of time?

Descaling is hit and miss. Ideally you need to circulate the solution but someone will come along and tell you otherwise.

Descaling is hit and miss. Ideally you need to circulate the solution but someone will come along and tell you otherwise.

I use Kamco FX2 neat ! Never had one that would not clean.
Give HE a blast with hose to clear loose "Tea leaf" type deposits for a few mins,
Lay HE in a container / washing up bowl . Pour FX2 into H E side to be cleaned. Pour boiling water into other tappings and leave to ferment for a while. Topping heat up if req,
Rinse, neutralise with whatever you use and job done!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back