How to service Grant Vortex 36e, 36Kw keroscene combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Grant Vortex 36e, 36Kw keroscene combi boiler, used to heat the house hot water and radiators. I got it in 2008, so it's 8 yrs old now.

What does a service engineer do when he services such a boiler, and I can do this myself.

Thanks

Kez

Sponsored Links
No are they expensive? What is he looking for and what does he change if they are out of range?

Sponsored Links
Hi Leakydave, I fixed a leak on the "prs-201 alco" system pressure switch this morning so I am fairly handy with it.

Why not look in the manual it's all there.

No are they expensive? What is he looking for and what does he change if they are out of range?
A flue gas analyser is about £700 and needs recalibrating annually. You'll also need a smoke pump, about £120, and the pressure gauge set is about £50

The above are used to check that the oil pump is working correctly, and that the boiler is burning correctly without producing excessive CO/CO2

Before this is done, the whole thing will be stripped, cleaned, checked for condition, nozzle replaced, supply hoses replaced, filters/gauzes checked and replaced as required, seals sealing correctly and that sort of thing

Can you do it yourself? No, not really.

If it's not been serviced for eight years it's likely to cost you more than a standard service as your service engineer is going to have a tough time cleaning it properly. You'd better hope that the lack of regular maintenance hasn't caused damage to the baffles as well, because if it has things are going to get very expensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back