Grant Vortex 36kw - Needs rebooting daily

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a 10 year old Grant Vortex (outdoor, 36kw oil fired) has developed a odd problem. If you turn it off and on, it works fine (mostly, the hot water temperature is a bit inconsistent) but if you leave it for a long time it stops working. No CH or DHW. There are no warning lights on, it's all fairly cold inside the boiler housing - however, if I turn it off and on again it works fine. Any ideas? Getting fed up of going outside in my PJ's every morning!

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
It does need topping up from time to time, but the low pressure light isn't on. The programmer seems to be working as I can see the feed from it is live when CH is on. What's odd is once it's fired up again (sometimes takes some coaxing) it works fine. Sometimes if I take the right hand clear relay out, it will fire up fine. I leave it for a bit and put that relay back in and the CH & HW work. It's getting worse as just turning it on and off is not always the cure now. I've ordered a replacement clear relay as I can see some scorch marks but there is a good contact when checked with a DVM. Any ideas? Which PCB gets replaced the most? Bit reluctatant to change it as it's £100+

Also, does anyone have the internal wiring diagram to hand?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back