Grant Vortex Combi boiler problems

Common problem on sealed system oil boilers where the pressure vessel take off is from the bottom of the boiler is that the hose blocks, making the vessel isolated and ineffective. Just out of interest, try taking the vessel pressure when the system is pressurised, if still .95 bar, then it is not taking any expansion from the system. Change the PRV if it is blowing off at 2 bar.

Sponsored Links
Blocked Flec hose to vessel! I have just started reading thisc post and straight away I was thing just that! very common fault with dirty systems!
Also for everyones info the Grant range of boilers must be fitted with a 2-50Bar PRV and NOT a 3.00Bar unit!

As for avoiding Grant boilers - you won't find a better one and their warranty is excellent I cannot comment on the poster who is having a problem, but in general any insurance backed warranty such as the blue foin policy will not pay out if no parts are found to be defective as "adjustments" are not considered to be a failure of the appliance ,just poor installation or Servicing ;)

orinvolucri";p="1942360 said:
We had a Grant combi boiler which 'blew up' in 2008 ruining much of the contents of our garage with dirty water leakage. It was replaced with a Grant vortex combi 26 by our plumber and has been trouble ever since. We've had a PCB replaced and the pressure always drops after a week or so well below 1 bar meaning the heating and hot water do not come on. It requires resetting every time which the subcontracted Grant engineer showed me how to do.

However, in using the one years extended warranty through Grant, the engineer found no fault indicating that we had to pay £235 to Grant. Their engineer only charges £57 call out fee! So, we are left with court case to fight (which we are presently doing) and a boiler that clearly has something wrong such as a faulty pressure vessel, pressure switch or similar. Moral of the story from our experience - avoid Grant boilers.

Any advice on how to proceed (legally and plumbing wise) would be greatly appreciated.[/quote

know where your coming from there mate. grant combi 90 v3 4years old
2heating pumps
2hot water pumps
1control panel
1pressure relief valves
constant pressure loss
1 filler loop and valves
flushed and additional ts1 filter fitted
now boiler overheating, presume overheating stat
grant hide behind their subcontracted engineers
boilers are not fit for purpose
if it was a horse i'd shoot it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back