Grant Vortex main tank burst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My mum has an outdoor grant vortex oil combi boiler which has seemingly burst its main storage tank . Looking online I'm struggling to find a replacement, does this usually render the boiler dead?

Understandably this is a huge expense and total boiler replacement is not covered on the insurance.

Any help on where to find a part is appreciated.

Thanks
Louis

Sponsored Links
Speak to Grant, but I think it will be new boiler time unless it is fairly new.
Lots of external boilers get little leaks and they often get ignored with continual topping up which results in corrosion and premature failure.

Speak to Grant, but I think it will be new boiler time unless it is fairly new.
Lots of external boilers get little leaks and they often get ignored with continual topping up which results in corrosion and premature failure.
Yeah it's not new, approx 10 years old now. This has been serviced yearly but given no end of problems. Frustratingly boiler repairs are covered to the cost of 1000, but full replacement only to 250.

What's the reason the tank itself couldn't be replaced? Interestingly I can't find parts anywhere online

Sponsored Links
We are Grant G1 registered installers
Grant won't supply new heat stores for there old combi boilers.
Unfortunately new boiler time.
I would suggest look at other options before fitting another combi.
If you do go down external combi route Grant are probably best option especially as from 1st of February the vortex pro will have a 10 year warranty when installed by a G1 registered installer (at no extra cost to customer)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back