Grant Vortex Pro 15/21 leaking in case.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have an intermittent leak in my Grant Vortex Pro 15/21 inside the case. Never very much water but the bottom of the case has sometimes 3mm of water. I have checked the flow and return connections but can't find any leak. The boiler is about five years old. Has anyone any ideas what may be causing this leak.
Thanks
diode84

Sponsored Links
I think I have found it, the drain tap at the bottom of the boiler had a drip on it. I tightened it.

I did tighten it but there is still a very small leak and didn't dare tighten it any more as it looks a cheap brass drain tap. Any idea if its the one with 'o' rings or the cheap one?

Sponsored Links
Buy a new drain off take the guts out and fit the new bits into the old body. Bob

As Bob says. There wont be an O ring, but a rubber disc. When you do replace just the 'guts', make sure you clean the seat first.

Yes good idea but will have to wait till I drain the system to add more rads.

If the boiler was installed with isolating valves on the flow and return, then cl sing those off and screwing down the auto air vents, prepare the new tap with ptfe on the threads, open the drain valve to relieve the pressure in the boiler.If you are quick, you can change the leaking item without draining down and only losing a few drops of water. Don't forget to open up the AAV's upon repressurising.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back