Grant Vortex pro 21 Oil Boiler Central Heating Issue

We have changed one or two non return valves on heating pump .They can stick completely open then pass when dhw on.
This is on boilers we service (and did not install) always
less than clean systems often no system filter and little or no inhibitor.

Sponsored Links
We have changed one or two non return valves on heating pump .They can stick completely open then pass when dhw on.
This is on boilers we service (and did not install) always
less than clean systems often no system filter and little or no inhibitor.
I changed a bathroom towel rad last year and basically oil coloured water came out the rad. So I removed every rad and jet washed them all through last summer, added a Fernox TF1 and added inhibitor. The problem I have now have was there last winter, I reckon a good chance its the non return valve. Cheap part and easy to change so I ordered earlier and hopefully it will sort out the issue.

I'm overall annoyed at the installer who generally seemed to do a good job but when I look closer it seems he missed things, for instance the PRV has just been left to dump inside the boiler and somebody that comes to service the boiler takes his money for the service and generally not that interested in resolving the issue. In my line of work B2B if I worked like this out I'd be out the door! Rant over :)

turn off isolator on heating pump. Leave hot water on. Put hand on heating return pipework. Open the valve you have just closed and you may feel the return pipework get hot . If it does it means the non return valve is not working and allowing reverse circulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back