Grasslin analogue timer problem for Baxi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi in need of urgent help as Im completely mystified why my timer wont bring on the boiler weve just had fitted and ive tried everything I can think of but to no avail ......
Weve had a BAXI combination boiler fitted and ive got a Grasslin QM1 analogue timer which is basic or so I thought ......Ive got a 4 core coming from the boiler to the timer which goes into N , L , E then it has numbers 1,2,3,4 and the diagram says 4 is the "on" so ive put the sw line in there which goes to the number 2 terminal in the boiler which is the external input terminal and I removed the link in the boiler which the manual says between 1 and 2 if your having an external timer .............
Basically when I turn the supply on ive got 240 on the backplate so ive put the cover on flicked it to "constant" but nothing the LED doesnt even light up ..........
Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated as I cant figure out why it wont switch on as its a very basic system no stats or anything

cheers lads

Sponsored Links
When you removed the link wire did you replace any wiring to the link connectons or leave them empty. ??

Well the link was between 1 and 2 in the boiler it said remove this and put your sw line from the timer in 2 its just the timer wont send the "on" signal to number 2

http://www.grasslin-controls.co.uk/...omething silly im thinking here its so basic

if your boiler connection (from timer)requires 240v, then a link from L to 3 is needed, if however it says connections 1&2 should not be 240v then connect term 1 @ boiler to 3 @ timer.

Sponsored Links
I do want to switch 230 to turn the boiler on but do i remove the link in the boiler from 1 to terminal 2 once I have the sw line coming in from terminal 4 on the timer to terminal 2 on the boiler tahts my only thing im not sure about ..........

I do want to switch 230 to turn the boiler on but do i remove the link in the boiler from 1 to terminal 2 once I have the sw line coming in from terminal 4 on the timer to terminal 2 on the boiler tahts my only thing im not sure about ..........
The connections to L, N and E on the timer are just to run the clock!
It also needs a separate 230v supply from boiler terminal 1. This then gets linked back to terminal 2 when the switch in the timer closes.

1. Remove link 1 to 2 at the boiler
2. Remove any link from L to 3 on the timer
3. Connect Boiler 1 to Timer 3
4. Connect Boiler 2 to Timer 4

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back