Grating noise from washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a problem with our LG 1447TD washing machine.
After washing a muddy set of clothes our washing machine exhibits a loud grating / grinding noise. It appears to be coming from the front right of the machine in the area of the filter. I have removed and cleaned the filter numerous times and for the past 3-4 it has been clear.

Assuming some small stone or grit has got lodged somewhere causing this noise.

Does anyone have any ideas on curing this?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I don't have this particular machine, but a common cause is when some object gets between the inner and outer drum. Some machines have (re)moveable sections in the inner drum to get them out, otherwise it's a fishing expedition.

I don't have this particular machine, but a common cause is when some object gets between the inner and outer drum. Some machines have (re)moveable sections in the inner drum to get them out, otherwise it's a fishing expedition.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is the drum causing the noise. If I spin the drum it's quiet and smooth.

The noise is coming from the bottom right where the filter is. I think it's the re-circulation pump that may have some grit stuck in there causing this noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back